Rigging TD - Lego® 2
We are currently seeking an exceptional Rigging TD to join us on our first animated feature in Vancouver!
You will be working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Experience on feature films and/or animated features
- Developing and maintaining procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API
- Ability to follow a brief and produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Working with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Working with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary Animation tools and processes.
- Interest in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Thorough understanding of Python
- Experience implementing Python in production pipeline
- Basic or advanced C++ knowledge helpful but not mandatory
- Understanding and ability to apply foundation knowledge of pertinent mathematical disciplines (basics of linear algebra and trigonometry as required)
- Experience with hard surface and mechanical type rigging
- At least 2 years’ experience required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong technical and visual skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Strong knowledge of rigging in either XSI or Maya
- Knowledge of the Python scripting language.
Why work for us?
· Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
· Benefits - We've got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
· Work/Life balance - we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
· Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs.
Just make sure to tell us why you want this job in your cover letter.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
Type: Temps plein
Niveau d'expérience demandé: Junior
Lieu du travail: Aux bureaux de l'employeur
Yaletown, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Téléphone: (604) 398-4800
Télécopieur: (604) 398-4800
Animal Logic is one of the world's most creative digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking animation, visual effects and design. Established in 1991 when lunches were long and to buy a graphics computer meant to mortgage one’s house, Animal Logic has been at the forefront of digital content production.
Nombre d'employés: Plus de 100
A proximité d'un métro: Oui
A proximité d'un autobus: Oui
A proximité d'un Bixi: NonVoir plus Voir moins