Hard Surfacing Modeler (All Levels) - LEGO® 2
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
We are currently looking for Modelers, at all levels, to join the team for our first Animated Feature in Vancouver! You will be working closely with a variety of departments; including R&D, Art, Rigging and Surfacing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Translate approved 3D sculptural form or concept art into production ready geometry
- Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form
- Understanding of the needs of surfacing and an ability to provide good UV layouts of your models
- Demonstrates and utilizes understanding of photo realistic and hard surface modelling techniques and topology
- Work within a large and complex CG environments while producing topology/wire frame, turntables, character and/or environment
- A strong understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models
- An understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density
- Solving puzzles and problems using Lego
- Engineer functionality and simple mechanics using Lego
- Production experience using Maya, Z Brush and/or Mudbox
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proven strong technical and visual skills
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work well with other in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Interest in 'set dressing'
- Interest in pipeline and process
- Technically aware of the requirements of rigging
- Interest in the Lego building system
- Ability to abstract and interpret design down to its' fundamentals
- Experience with other software such as 3D coat, Speedtree and Vue would be an advantage
The primary software used for Modelling on The Lego Movie 2 is Lego Digital Designer. To try this software out for yourself, you can download LDD for free at: http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
It would be a great asset to an application if a candidate provided their own design using this software. Please attach a Jpeg of your design to your application.
Please note that we are only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work in Canada for this vacancy
Why work for us?
· Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
· Benefits - We've got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
· Work/Life balance - we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
· Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs.
Just make sure to tell us why you want this job in your cover letter.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.
Niveau d'expérience demandé: Intermédiaire
Lieu du travail: Aux bureaux de l'employeur
Yaletown, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Téléphone: (604) 398-4800
Télécopieur: (604) 398-4800
Animal Logic is one of the world's most creative digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking animation, visual effects and design. Established in 1991 when lunches were long and to buy a graphics computer meant to mortgage one’s house, Animal Logic has been at the forefront of digital content production.
Nombre d'employés: Plus de 100
A proximité d'un métro: Oui
A proximité d'un autobus: Oui
A proximité d'un Bixi: NonVoir plus Voir moins